Bill, Hillary, & Chelsea Clinton Foundation

Bill, Hillary, & Chelsea Clinton Foundation

Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Important Letter From Bill Clinton

Amy, In my travels around the world, I've held babies born with HIV/AIDS because their mothers had no access to the treatment that prevents transmission of the disease. I've seen the devastating impacts of climate change on some of the poorest regions of the world. I've experienced the health problems caused by the struggle against childhood obesity that 1 in 3 American kids are facing today. I've also seen the tremendous difference we can make if we work together - transforming lives and restoring hope. Right now we're facing a global economic crisis that threatens to unravel many of the gains we've made. With countless lives and communities hanging in the balance, we have no choice - we must increase our efforts with even greater urgency. Tomorrow I'm announcing a special opportunity: I will personally match all donations dollar-for-dollar, up to a total of $100,000. Today I'm inviting you - someone who has already shown their support in the past - to be one of the first to participate. Will you make a donation of $100 or more today, double your impact, and get us off to a strong start? Here's how far your dollars could go in supporting our HIV/AIDS work, for example:
$30 becomes $60, providing lifesaving packages for four HIV-positive children for one month.
$80 becomes $160, ensuring that eight community health workers can monitor the treatment adherence of all people living with HIV in a Malawian village for two weeks.
$150 becomes $300, providing access to medical care and support to two HIV-positive children in India for a year. It's deeply satisfying to think about how much we've already accomplished together - in the race against climate change, in the fight against childhood obesity in the United States, and in our efforts to stop HIV/AIDS from killing people before their time. But when I think about how much more we could do, I'm filled with a restless determination. I know you feel the same way. That's why I've offered to match every dollar you donate today. Make a gift today that will go twice as far - and help us reach our goal of $100,000 by July 31. Your donation today will make a tremendous difference as we meet new challenges in additional regions of the world and expand our programs to reach more people. I'm deeply grateful for your past support of my Foundation. Today, your support is more important than ever. Sincerely, Bill Clinton

2 comments:

  1. I would donate to any cause President Bill Clinton was in favor of and send it monthly, however I am paying in excess of 500.00 a month for Insurance to Live- Medicare ABD, Life Insurance, Home and vehicle insurance, etc. It is very sad that at our age we can't help these poor people and can bearly make it ourselves. Good Luck in all your endeavors. WE love you for all you do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shriners Hospitals have provided free burn care to poor kids since the 1920s. 20-30 of their hospitals are closing due to low donations from ex-Wall St donors. I do research at one that is staying open for the patients but I am losing my animal research lab.

    ReplyDelete

http://www.pantsuitpolitics.net/index.php

http://www.HillaryClintonForum.net

http://wwwHillarysVillage.net